Qualification for DGWT events is calculated using the Disc Golf World Tour Rankings system. The qualifying events in the 2017 season include: The PDGA Majors (The World Championships, Aussie Open, European Open, USDGC), the PDGA National Tour events, and PDGA EuroProTour events. DGWT Ranking points are only accumulated by participating in the MPO division at these events.
Players with high enough PDGA rating will also qualify for DGWT events. See the full list of qualifying events and more details on the Points system page.
Please see the standard qualification criteria and rules for DGWT events below. In some cases, exceptions to these rules may be implemented at the discretion of the DGWT. These exceptions will be clearly stated and players will be informed well in advance of the event.
Standard Qualification Criteria
- A current PDGA membership is required of all competitors before teeing off in a DGWT event.
- A PDGA Certified Rules Official status is required of all competitors before teeing off in a DGWT event.
- All players have advanced scoring responsibilities in a DGWT event. (An advanced scoring system will be used in all DGWT events. Players will be provided ample instructions and training for the new system.)
Standard Registration Phases
Registration for each individual DGWT event starts approximately four (4) months before the event and includes four (4) phases. Registration isn’t complete until the registrants has paid the entry fee for the event.
- Phase 1: The top 100 players in DGWT Rankings are allowed to register. The Phase 1 registration window will be open for approximately one (1) week, starting on the first day that the event registration opens.
- Phase 2: PDGA members with a minimum rating of 970 are able to register. The Phase 2 registration window will be open for approximately two (2) weeks, beginning immediately after Phase 1 closes.
- Phase 3: PDGA members with a minimum rating of 940 are able to register. The Phase 3 registration window will be open for approximately two (2) weeks, beginning immediately after Phase 2 closes.
- Phase 4: PDGA members with a minimum rating of 900 are able to register. The Phase 4 registration window will be open for approximately two (2) weeks, beginning immediately after Phase 3 closes.
- Registration within phases is granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The above registration schedule is tentative. The exact registration schedule for each event will be published separately.
- USDGC has its own qualification procedures. The qualification procedures for each specific USDGC are available at the usdgc.com.
Wild Cards are reserved spots in the tournament, and are granted at the discretion of the individual owner of the Wild Card. The recipient of the Wild Card gains the right to register to an event. Below is an example of the distribution of wild cards for a typical DGWT event. Changes to the amount of wild cards for any event is solely at the discretion of the DGWT organization.
- 5 Tour organizer wild cards, issued by the DGWT organization.
- 5 Local Tour event organizer wild cards, issued by the local event organizer.
- 1 Partner wild card issued by each DGWT major partner.
Please note that no wild cards will be issued to USDGC as it has its own qualification procedures. The USDGC qualification procedures are available on the USDGC website.