A successful and global Disc Golf promotion effort by offering the highest caliber events and widest media exposure platform, establishing Disc Golf as a legit sport around the world, and creating innovative and effective marketing opportunities for international commercial partners.
To establish a professional global governing body for pro Disc Golf, uniting a network of players, fans, countries, events, manufacturers, and commercial partners.
Directives of the Disc Golf World Tour
- To manage the global Disc Golf tour (DGWT), where the elite disc golfers compete.
- To expand the reach of Disc Golf by increasing its mainstream appeal through continually improving the quality of the events and increasing media visibility.
- To create business opportunities for Disc Golf promoters around the World.
- To maintain and preserve Disc Golf’s core values – fun, ease of learning, creativity, innovation, individuality, camaraderie, and ecology – even as we grow.
- To provide advanced universal statistics for the sport (Disc Golf Metrix).
- To unite the interests of players, fans, promoters, and manufacturers.
- To continue innovation and progression of Disc Golf through research and development.
- 1 Championship event (The World Tour Championship).
- 8-12 Sustainable World Tour events (US, Europe, Asia).
- 100 Qualified professional players on Tour (Tour Player Cards).
- All promoters making events as their primary job.