Welcome to the European Open!
European Open returns as the original PDGA Major event! The EO will once again feature the top players from all over the world who gather to Nokia to compete for the Champions titles in Open and Women’s Open divisions.
The event days are July 19th – 23rd. For more detailed daily program please check the schedule page.
Course & Area Map
Important locations of the event are included in the course map.
Tournament center is the heart of the event and it is located in the Nokia indoor ice rink. Here you can find the InnovaStore Pro Shop, info, toilets and kiosk. Right outside the ice rink you can satisfy your hunger and thirst at the street food area, open Wednesday-Sunday at peak hours. You can test your disc golf skills at the activity area right next to the street foods.
The tournament center’s address is Hinttalankatu 6, 37100 Nokia.
Transportation & Parking
The parking space at the tournament center is limited this year due to the renovation of the ice rink. Because of this we recommend you to car pool with friends, or arriving by bike, or using public transportation.
If you come by car please be prepared to walk a little from the parking lot to the tournament center. Our staff will direct you to the closest possible vacant parking lot. If you need a rental car during your stay we highly recommend the services of our event partner Europcar!
Those who use the public transportation will find the interactive route planner very useful. You only need to know the address of your destination and departure point.
If you’re looking for a place to stay during the European Open we highly recommend our official tournament hotel Scandic. You actually have two options to choose from: Scandic Rosendahl and Scandic Tampere City.
Scandic Rosendahl is perfect choice for those who like to spend time outdoors and in the nature. Rosendahl is located in a peaceful setting between a wooded ridge and lake. This offers great access to scenic paths that have some of the best views in Tampere and there’s a beach right next to the hotel!
Scandic Tampere City is a solid option for those who prefer to have all the services and amusements of an urban city center right at their door step.
You can book your stay directly at Scandic’s website at www.scandichotels.com
Update: Spectator rounds are sold out! Unfortunately additional rounds will not fit the schedule.
During the European Open week spectators don’t have to settle to just watch the feats of the top players. Every disc golfer has a chance to get a first-hand experience of the Beast! Spectators get to play a round on Friday and Saturday evenings after the actual tournament rounds.
Here are the details on spectator rounds and how they work.
Spectator round basic info
- 72 players per round at maximum.
- No more than 4 players per group.
- Shotgun start is used on all spectator rounds. (One group will start on every hole at the same time.) Starting holes and groups will be announced at the players meeting before each round.
- The organizer assigns players to specific groups.
- The exact starting time will be announced at the players meeting.
- There is no competition. Scorecard is for you to keep. Do not return the scorecard after the round.
- Remember to bring your own disc golf gear. Dress according to weather.
- You’re playing in a public park. Please mind the other park users. Safety first!
- All players must attend the spectators round players meeting held ~30 minutes before the round. (Basically about 15 minutes after the tournament round has ended.)
- The meeting is held at the tee of hole 1.
- Scorecards will be handed out at the players meeting.
Buying the ticket
- The spectator round entry fees won’t be refunded.
- One spectator round costs 10€.
- If you buy the spectator round ticket for someone else please mention that person’s name in the field reserved for it in the order form.
- If you’d like to play with your friends please mention their names in the field reserved for this purpose in the order form. Please note that we can not guarantee that everyone gets to play with their friends. We’ll try to honor the wishes to our best ability though.
- Keep the receipt and be prepared to present it if asked.
- You can buy your ticket from our online-shop: https://holvi.com/shop/InnovaEurope/
- TICKET SALES START ON WEDNESDAY, JULY 5TH, AT 16.00 (EEST).
- If spectator rounds are not sold out you can buy your ticket from kiosk at the tournament center. The primary method of purchasing is from the online store though and we strongly recommend purchasing the ticket well before hand.
Enjoy your round!
Be careful. Even the best players make mistakes. You should look out and keep an eye on the discs, especially when you’re close to the fairway. If you notice a dangerous situation, please warn others by yelling loud. (FORE!)
Be mindful to others. Only use the marked paths and channels. Don’t go to people’s backyards. Watch out for cars when crossing roads. The course is set to a public park and there might be people who aren’t there for the disc golf event.
Keep fairways clear. Don’t go on the fairways when players are playing the holes. Don’t move if you’re in a player’s field of vision when he/she is throwing or concentrating on his/her throw. Keep your devices on silent or turn them off, especially if you’re close to the players. Don’t use flash when you take photos.
Autographs. You’re welcome to ask for players’ autographs but please do so after their rounds when they have turned in their scorecards. The best place is near the last scoring station, at the tournament center.
The Beast, Nokia
Hinttalankatu 6, Nokia, Finland
Innova Champion Europe
Promoter: Jukka Teräs
Phone:+358 40 538 7464
World Tour Event
Format: 4 x 18 holes
WT Points: 750
Purse: $36,000 (with full field)
Winning share: $5,000